Sunday, April 26, 2009

fantasies realized

i had a two hour break between temple work and the reception so i decided to walk around taipei a bit. after unsuccessfully searching for an MRT station, i decided to look JUST LOOK inside a cute dress shop. my mistake. the minute i walked in, i was immediately helped by this nice asian woman who didn't speak any english. so i figured...since she is helping me already, why not grab a dress for the reception? easier said than done. picture me acting out a wedding ceremony complete with "walking down the aisle" and "putting on the ring". once she understood, the party started. she promptly took the dresses from my hands, saying they were bad colors and pushed me into a dressing room with a foreign looking object in my hands. [and by foreign, i don't mean a beautiful chinese dress, i mean an object most likely from outer space] my awkwardness grew as she threw more and more hideous dresses my way. it was comparable to being a princess that got to try on every single dress until she found the perfect one. except for some reason, all the cute ones were "bu hao!" and so i was left to try on space suits, pink belly-givers, metallic cover-ups, pregnancy dresses, and large velvet numbers. all made me look HUGE and gave me lumps i didn't even know i had. and that is when the camera came out. here are some of the atrocities. enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment