Thursday, February 26, 2009

normal is so subjective...

Has been 22 days since the last entry and I thought it had been like two. Sorry all you fans out there. Taiwan has clearly kept me busy enough to neglect [or not have anything good] to put in a blog. Everything here is getting more...normal. Like it has been second-nature to hold my breath when passing the vendors that use fish oil. consider it laxatives for your gag reflex. Biking past stray dogs that want to eat me doesn't seem so dangerous. Seeing squid and chicken heads just seems more an everyday occurrence...because it is. Sweeping the flies from our coffee table because they run into our lights and kill themselves is pretty chill. Planning lessons isn't as painful. Wearing the same clothes [more specifically, the green jacket] each week doesn't phase me. Having a crack in my mattress just makes sure I get up on the right side of the bed each morning. Going to a fruit market for my fruits and a bakery for my bread seems natural. Who ever dreamed you could go to one place to buy it all? And drinking low fat milk is not as gag-worthy as it might have been anywhere else. [I am all about the skim].

No comments:

Post a Comment